POSITION DESCRIPTION (Cornell University internal search: applicants must be a Cornell, Weill-Cornell, Qatar-Cornell employee)
• provide academic leadership and administrative support for the education, research, clinical, and diagnostic service programs of the Department;
• recruit, retain and encourage the continuous professional development of all faculty and staff;
• be responsible for the preparation and allocation of the departmental budget;
• in consultation with faculty, develop and implement ambitious and realistic goals to strengthen the Department, Animal Health Diagnostic Center (AHDC), and College programs;
• promote interdepartmental programs in teaching, research and service;
• work with the AHDC Executive Director to ensure mutually supportive roles for the Department and AHDC;
• participate in and facilitate efforts towards fundraising for the Department, AHDC and College.
• serve as a member of the College Executive Committee;
• represent the Department and College, both within the University and outside of it, in activities that advance the mission of the College.
Teaching, Research and Service
• pursue scholarly activities in his/her area of expertise.
• a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent veterinary degree, with evidence of further postgraduate education in the form of diplomate status in a recognized specialty board and/or advanced degrees, or a PhD degree in a discipline relevant to Departmental research interests.
• demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, and a record of active participation in academic affairs.
• evidence of balance and excellence in teaching, research and/or clinical / diagnostic activities appropriate to the interests of the College and sufficient to qualify for an academic appointment in the Department.